Human Resources Management
“HRM is the function performed in organization that facilitates the most effective use of people to achieve organizational and individual goals”. This article explores the objectives and functions of HRM and also it tells about the activities of HR.
HR, along with financial and materials resources, contribute to the production if goods and services in an organization. Physical and monetary resources, by themselves, cannot improve efficiency or contribute to an increased rate of return on investment. It is through the combined and concerned efforts of people monetary and material resources are harnessed to achieve organizational goals. But these efforts, attitudes and skills have to be sharpened from time to time optimize the effectiveness of human resources and to enable them to meet greater challenges. This is where HRM plays a crucial role. Corporate, Professional, Social and National are the four levels of significant Human Resources Management
Objectives of HRM:
Objectives of HRM are given below
- To improve the service rendered by the enterprise to society through building better employee morale, which leads to more efficient individual and group performance. Thus, HRM seeks to manage change to the mutual advantage of individuals, groups, the organization and society.
- To establish in the mind of those associated with the enterprise – employees, shareholders, creditors, customers and the enterprise is rendering the best service of which it is capable and distributing the benefits derived fairly and contributing to the success of the enterprise.
- Thus an organization can identify and satisfy individual and group goals by offering appropriate monetary and non-monetary incentives.
- To employ the skill and knowledge of employee efficiently and effectively that is to utilize human resources effectively for the achievement of organizational goals.
- To enhance job satisfaction and self actualization of employees, by encouraging and assisting every employee to realize full potential.
- To provides facility and condition of work and creation of favorable atmosphere for maintaining stability of employment.
- To develop and maintain a quality of work life which makes employment in the organization a desirable and social situation.
Functions of HRM:
Functions of HRM are given below
- Training and development
- Organization development
- Human resource planning
- Selection and staffing
- Personnel research and information system
- Employee assistance
- Union/ Labor relations
Activities of Human Resource:
The HR activities are given below
- High performance work practices
- Equal employment opportunity
- Job Description
- Job Analysis
- Human Resource Development
- Job training
- Compensation and Benefits
- Health, Safety, Security
- Employee and Labor Relation